Brendan McKnight is Head of Content and Community at The Dots, a professional network for people that don't wear suits to work – dubbed 'The next LinkedIn?' by Forbes. Before joining The Dots, Brendan spent four years as the Brand + Marketing Manager for frankie press, a multi-award-winning media/publishing company with a global audience, at the forefront of the Australian media landscape. At frankie press, he looked after all brand and marketing for frankie magazine (Australia’s number one women’s fashion + lifestyle magazine), men’s magazine Smith Journal, an awards program (the frankie Good Stuff awards), online store, merchandise and brand extensions. With a strong focus on digital, he also worked across all of frankie press’ digital platforms, strategising and rolling out campaigns throughout the brands’ websites, apps, e-commerce and social media platforms. Previously, he was the Managing Editor of Australian design magazine desktop, and was responsible for the vision behind and managing of its successful relaunch, which was heralded by the Australian design industry for its fresh look and new editorial approach. He then moved to the digital editor role at Dumbo Feather magazine, strategising and implementing its digital offering – taking the Dumbo message and brand to a global audience. Brendan has a keen passion for fascinating design and extraordinary people. When not writing about himself in the third person, he likes to think he's a creative thinker and doer with a strategic mind and keen eye for detail. Judging: – D&AD New Blood – Creative Circle Awards – UAL Creative Enterprise Awards – AGDA (Australian Graphic Design Association) Awards Volunteer: – Mentor, Creative Mentor Network – Listening volunteer, Switchboard LGBT+ helpline – Trustee, Friends of Arnold Circus Talks: – UAL: Central Saint Martins & London College of Communication – Cambridge University – School of Communication Arts – Ravensbourne – A New Direction / Create Jobs
- Top 50 companies to work with: 2023Thrive in 2023! Whether you’re looking for a new gig or to pivot into a different industry, we’ve put together this list of 50 top companies to work with. The list is formulated by using insights about the popularity of companies and the jobs they post on The Dots, topped off with a dash of our team’s wisdom and a good mix of brilliant charities and values-driven companies. Be sure to follow your favourites to stay up to date with their events and all-important job opportunities!
Projects credited in
- Webinar recording: Hiring in 2022 – How to hire great talent on The Dots (June 2022)If you’re hiring this summer, you’ll know the competition for talent is fierce. With this in mind, The Dots’ founder & CEO, Pip Jamieson, shares insights and tips on attracting and hiring the talent that’s right for your business via The Dots.12
- Fast Track 50: The Dots & Google accelerate the careers of 50 rising stars.We’re thrilled to announce The Dots is partnering with Google on a new programme: Fast Track 50! Over six months, we’ll fast track the careers of 50 industry ready rising stars – ensuring they land opportunities regardless of challenges set by socio-economic background. With a helping hand from eight incredible diversity organisations (see list below), we will select 40 industry-ready rising stars that have already had mentorship or training. An additional 10 rising stars will be chosen via an125
- Smith JournalMagazine. A quarterly, Australia-based publication that takes unexpected, interesting, funny and sometimes complicated stories and tells them the way you would to a bunch of friends at the pub. Publisher: frankie press Senior designer for volumes 10-25, helping source editorial content, commissioning photography and illustrations, as well as designing the layouts and typesetting copy.
- Top 30 events in London & beyond for 2020We've launched an events hub on The Dots, full to the brim with cultural, creative, digital & professional events! Now it’s super easy to access panels, exhibitions and workshops all in one place and it’s a breeze to connect and network with attendees and speakers pre- and post-event. If you’re somebody who’s hungry to learn more, upskill and get networking, we want to make it even easier for you – so we’ve put together this list of 25 brilliant companies to follow to ensure that you get a nifty106
- October 2019 (applications closed)Do you have career dreams in directing, videography or filmmaking? We're looking for 30 passionate & diverse folk to join us at this Portfolio Masterclass! This event is ideal for anybody with a flare for the worlds of directing, videography or filmmaking. Whether you want to kickstart your career, learn more to reach the next level, or gain tips, tricks and advice from the best in the business – all are welcome to apply! Applications are now closed. Head here for upcoming events. Event: Tuesday28
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Community Engagement
- Digital Media
- Marketing PR
- Brand Management
- Event Organisation
- Project Management