Hi! I'm Roberta, a print & textile designer. I live between London & Bournemouth. I create bright and striking designs inspired by my everyday surroundings and experiences. Recent projects include: street flags, urban signage, prints for hotel interiors and running collage workshops. I currently work in marketing and design for a London meeting room company
- Boscombe High Street FlagsCommissioned by Coastal Bid and BEAF Arts to design flags for the high street and shopping centre in the coastal town of Boscombe to enliven the area. Hung from May - October 2022. To inspire the flag designs, I created a set of collages. I wanted the four individual designs to have an illustrative style and represent summer loving and excitement.
- Pen Gallery TotemCreated additional signage for Pen Gallery. The 180cm tall moveable totem consists of 16 vinyl printed designs and is resident on Poole High Street (Kingland Crescent). This project was collaboration at its finest, working closely with Emma Rowland, Creative Director of Pen Gallery.
+ View all
- Print Design
- Bespoke Textiles
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Colour Compositions
- Screen Printing
BA (Hons) Textile Design (First Class)Edinburgh College of Art
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
In my first year at the University of Edinburgh I studied Economic History. I then transferred at the beginning of second year to Textile Design at Edinburgh College of Art where I have studied for three years and received a First class degree.
Art and Design Foundation Diploma, DistinctionKingston University
- Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
On my Foundation course at Kingston University I specialised in Fine Art and became particularly interested in screen printing. My final major project was about peoples perceptions, John Berger's book, 'Ways Of Seeing' was particularly influential. My final show consisted of hand screen printed collages onto paper that I had created from my photographs of our urban surroundings.